Application Review Process
Although our adoption process is long, we believe it is worth the time. We want to find the best match, not only for you, but also for each one of our dogs & cats. Applications can take up to a week to be processed, so please be patient with us. Once an applicaiton has been approved, you will be contacted to schedule a Meet & Greet. We are not open to the public, nor do we have visiting hours. Animal House Sanctuary may not be the best fit for you, and that is okay. Just know, that if you do adopt from us, you will forever be a part of our AHS Family!!
About Our Dogs & Cats
We tend to rescue those that would not have a good chance in public shelters. Many come to us fractured, sick or defeated. However, once they know they are safe and loved, we see completely different animals that have an unlimited amount of love to give!
Finding a Forever Home
Our goal is to adopt our cats & dogs to serious adopters. Please know that adoption is a lifetime commitment, and we expect our adopters to fully commit. We believe in forever homes, which is why we are dedicated to this process. Our process is more than adoption, it is about building a relationship between you and us. We take adoption very seriously, and understand that we may not be the best fit for everyone.
Adoption Process Breakdown
1. First thing you need to do, is download & complete our Dog or Cat Adoption Application
2. Once completed, please email the application to AHSadopt@gmail.com
3. If you currently have pets, or have had pets in the past, we will do a reference check with your vet
4. If you rent, we will verify with your landlord that it is okay for you to have a pet
5. Once your application has been approved, we will schedule a Meet 'n' Greet with one of our pets
6. If the Meet 'n' Greet goes well & all parties are in agreement, we will schedule a home check
7. During the home check, we ensure that your home is a safe environment for your new pet
8. Trial adoptions may be requested at our discretion. A Trial is for "x" amount of time, to ensure the pet you picked is a good match for your home & lifestyle
9. Once everything has been completed & approved, the adoption process will be finalized